Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Anyone there?

I have a really good reason I haven't updated this blog. And since I'm pretty sure there are only like 4 of you reading I think I can safely put it here, before I put it on my other blog, or facebook or anyone else out there in the internet. But we are expecting baby #3 this Dec! Super excited, and in denial, and just... whoa I'm going to have THREE CHILDREN! It freaks me out.

But my midwife is going to work with me and help me stay on track with my weight during this pregnancy. She wants me to gain about 10lbs. Total. Well at first she said 10-15 and I told her I had already gained 5 lbs since I found out, and she said, okay then 10! On their scale I was 223. But that was fully clothed, in the afternoon. On my home scale, that I have been using for this blog, I am 219. So 3 lbs higher than my lowest since this blog. I am hoping to stay around there for as long as possible. Obviously I'm not really "dieting". But I am trying to eat healthy. I have a really hard time when I'm pregnant. Esp these early weeks when nothing really sounds good at all... except junk. So I'm trying really hard to just think of food as medicine. And eating for nourishment not really enjoyment. I have been going to the gym about 4 times a week. I usually aim for 6, and then if I get 4 that's great.

So now that the cats out of the bag I'll try to update more often.

5 comments:

  1. congrats to you and your growing family! You make cute kids. You looked fantastic on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, congratulations!!

    My fitness and weight gain has been a really big theme for me this pregnancy--I could really write a novel on it.

    I've been working my butt off and meticulously keeping track of my calories this pregnancy and it's totally worth it. For some reason in America, I just think we have a really unhealthy attitude about pregnancy. There's no reason to eat whatever we want and take it easy just because we're pregnant and yet every woman is actually ENCOURAGED to do just that. Actually, that's a red-button topic for me these days...I feel pretty strongly that those attitudes are making birth significantly more difficult than it needs to be. That second person we're eating for only needs a couple hundred calories a day, and doesn't even need that until like halfway through pregnancy. And "walking is such great exercise for pregnant women"?! What the heck is that?! Now that I've had a baby I feel pretty strongly that there's even more reason for a pregnant woman to get as fit as possible. Birth is the hardest thing we can possibly DO with our bodies and it makes no sense to me that we get this idea to just lay around for almost a whole YEAR before we do it. Seriously?! Would you even think about running a marathon without training for it by RUNNING and doing a LOT of it for months and months beforehand? Then why are we telling women to take it easy and not worry about being in shape for birth?

    It really grates on me.

    I'm at 37 weeks and I've gained less than 5 pounds since Christmas--and our boy is still measuring big. In fact, almost all the weight I have gained has been holiday weight that I just haven't bothered to take off because I'm pregnant. And I feel (and feel like I look) SO much better at this point in pregnancy than I did the first time. I just feel healthier and I feel so much more confident about birth because I know I'm in really, really good shape for it.

    It's also awesome to know that after delivery--heck, just baby and placenta will amount for half the weight I've gained only only leave me with 10 pounds to loose to get to pre-this-pregnancy weight (but another 20 after that to get to pre-first-pregnancy but I'm still super relieved).

    I would have had to come home with like a 50 pound baby to have had that the first time.

    Anyway, I really could go on and on about this topic. Even when I'm not all hopped up on hormones. :)

    Congratulations again, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO, I just happen to be blog hopping and this blog came up. Congrats on the pregnancy! My husband and I are currently expecting our first child on November 28th. And I couldn't be more excited. I like both of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. . . first time I ever clicked on this blog--hope that's okay! I'm so HAPPY for you! That's really exciting. My midwife told me 10 to 15 and I didn't believe that was possible, but I never try when I'm pregnant. REALLY wish I had, though. It would make right now SO much easier :D. I bet you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! And Allie Mae totally okay :) In fact I'm using your same midwife. We'll have to talk next time we get together. I just started telling ward people on Saturday. Not keeping much of a secret anymore.

    ReplyDelete