Sunday, October 10, 2010

My theory about Mirena IUD

So this isn't fact. This isn't even science. It's just my own musings, and some logic, and some google research.

But I think that part of the reason IUD's work is because it makes your body think you are pregnant. By something being in the uterus, obviously the only other time something is in there is when you're pregnant. So I think my body is holding onto all these calories so ferociously to preserve a nonexistent fetus.

But we'll find out Tuesday. Well in the weeks to follow Tuesday. I am getting this thing out. I hope the weight will start to come off easier once my body is mine again.

I got pregnant in June 2007. I was still nursing Olivia when I got pregnant again in Sept 2008. Then around the time I weened Abigail, I got the Mirena. I am anxious to not have any kind of extra estrogen or hormones flowing through my body.

In my mind the doctor is going to pull out like 50lbs along with this IUD. Wouldn't that be nice!

2 comments:

  1. I had Mirena and I had to KILL myself working out and STARVE myself with eating in order to even slightly budge the scale while it was in. I still had to work hard (because losing weight is hard work) afterward, but at least the numbers on the scale started doing what they were supposed to do!

    Hope it goes the same for you!

    We're never using hormonal BC again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am LOVING this blog! you tell it like it is, and we think the same things! keep it up. i got my mirena out a couple months ago. it took a while for my body to adjust and i was hoping my extra fluff would just fall off... no such luck.. but once i get my butt in gear im sure it will come off. i'll let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete