Friday, October 8, 2010

Intro.

So I'm starting a blog to just document my weight loss. I have another blog where I update about my cuties, that's mainly for family and friends. So if you stumbled across this blog, not from reading my other blog here's a bit of info about me.
I'm 25, soon to be 26 (birthday is in 9 more dayssss!!). I weigh 229lbs according the scale at Jazzercise. This is the most I have ever weighed, not pregnant. And really not much more than this at the end of my last pregnancy. I got married in 2005. I weighed around 175. I was about 200lbs when we got pregnant with our first baby in 2007. By the end of that pregnancy I was 228. I came home from the hospital 215, and was back to 200 within the next 3 weeks. I stayed around there until we got pregnant again in 2008. This time I was probably 235 by the end of my pregnancy. I came home from the hospital probably 220. I lost a bit. I got down to about 210, maybe 208, then about 6 months ago I got a Mirena IUD. Which brings to me where I am today. 229.

UGH. I hate that number.

I hate that number because it starts with 2. Followed by another 2. Followed by a 9!!!!

But weight loss isn't about focusing on numbers right?

Right.

So anyway... I have a profile on myfitnesspal.com Which I am lovin'. I write down every single item of food that enters my mouth. I track my exercise. I make an honest attempt at staying within my caloric goal, and I succeed most days. I try not to eat anything with more than 8 grams of sugar a serving. I try to drink A GALLON of water a day. And I don't eat past 7:00pm (most days). I have an awesome friend/cousin-in-law (do those exist? They certainly do in our family) who has been helping me do little challenges for a week trying to create healthy habits. Anyone want in? That's why this blog, is Breaking Fat Habits. Perhaps someone else reading this blog wants to join us? I'd love more ideas of things we could add each week, and some more people to be accountable to. Email me, lauren.opie@gmail.com

I am going to try to update this daily with thoughts and recipes and whatnot. But if you didn't catch that, I do have two kids about 18 months apart who keep me pretty busy... and one of which is currently smearing lipstick all over her face, and just got hands on mascara so I better jet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren, I just wanted to say that I love your blog and that most of it could have been written word for word by me. I would love to help encourage each other and help keep each other accountable, if you want. Just email me: heatherorellana@hotmail.com. TTYL.
    Love, Heather Orellana

    ReplyDelete