Tuesday, October 12, 2010

IT'S OUT

Okay so this totally irked me.

I went to the doctor today and told her I wanted my Mirena out. I was not expecting her to give me a hard time about it. But she did. She asked me what my "story" was. And I told her. I was about 200 elbees when they put this darn thing inside me and then doing nothing different, I am now 230. She told me MILLIONS of people have used the Mirena and I would be THE very first to report weight gain as a side effect. REALLY? I'd be the FIRST? I know that's not true. And I told her I wanted it out anyway. She said she'd really hate to see me get it out, for that reason only since it's the best form of birth control currently on the market. I had some other personal reasons I wanted it out, so she went ahead and removed it. But seriously! Flippity, flippin, ey. It's my body, I say I want it out, who gives a rip. And you can't say I'm the first to report weight gain, but whatev.

Unfortunately it didn't weight 30lbs. But maybe that is fortunate since I would hate to have anything 30lbs taken out from that area...

And maybe she was right. Maybe it has nothing to do with it. And if that's the case I am going to be sad, but I'll just keep chuggin along. And eventually doing the right things, I'll see results.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your doctor was such a pill! That's just what happened to me when I complained about side effects I thought I was having. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I have faith in you, I know you can reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had that, but don't disregard your intuition. The doctors have told me over and over that it was in my head with a prescription I was on. UNTIL a forum was set up. There are literally thousands of women out there with similar issues that I've had. Most likely there are a few out there at least who feel like their alone, too. Doc's don't know everything. And after working at a Med Device company and seeing first hand how the FDA works - they're not the most detailed in their research before approving something. I hope that you're feeling better most of all! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete