Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Body Image

So I've been thinking about why I want to lose weight. And all these other thoughts with the body weight set theory and whatever. I am interested in researching all this. I'll write about it as I do. But what's on my mind right now is a confession.

I want to be skinny because I want people to be jealous of my hot bod.

Yeah that's it. I said it. I now look longingly at "skinny" people and I'm like DANG! I want that body. And I want people to look at me be like DANG! I want that body. And thing is I know that no matter how skinny I get, there will always be someone skinnier.

But why do I even care? My hubs loves me, curves and all. My kids love me. I don't have any known health issues. So shouldn't I just be happy being the way I am?

No, I want to be SKINNY! This totally contradicts my last posts, right? That's why it's a confession. I want to be all "Yeah, I'm just trying to be healthy" and I do. And I am. But the underlying reason, and really my greatest motivation is because I think skinny people are better respected. And well liked.

Maybe this is ridiculous. Maybe it's just my perception. But no one respects the fat people. Just for example, (and there are countless others) the governor of New Jersey, Chris Christi. Living in AZ during the election I didn't hear much about him or his politics. All I heard was about his weight. Like seriously?! I just feel like if I lose weight and fit into a size 12 or 10 I would get more respect. From who? I really don't know.

So it's not pretty. But that's the truth. I just wanna be skinny.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are the cutest. No matter what people say, they all feel that way. It's how everyone is portrayed! How could we not think that? I was skinny in high school and college and it was easy for me to maintain. Now that I'm a little bigger I have no idea what to do with myself and my metabolism is completely different so I have no idea how to manage that. I'd like to get back to my old self but I know that I won't ever be a 4 again and I just have to move on from that. I'd just like to be comfortable in my body somehow and that is what I'm trying to figure out with you along this little journey.

    I hope you find what you are looking for along the way and start to enjoy yourself more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! I'm so glad you said everyone feels that way. I have kind of thought that maybe deep down that's everyone's motivation, but then I also thought maybe I'm just crazy. Thank you! I'm glad you're trying to figure this out with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean. I'm trying to focus on healthier eating and exercising to tone my body. I'm trying not to think about the weight itself, but MAN! I would love if somebody looked at me and said DANG!

    ReplyDelete