Saturday, October 16, 2010

Birthdays

So tomorrow is my birthdaaayy! I am debating on whether or not I should try a "healthy" cake recipe. But considering it's MY birthday, I think I am just going to go for the yum factor than muster all the willpower I possess and control my portion. And try not to pick while I bake.

So ultimately, by my next birthday I would love to be 180 lbs. That's 50 lbs this year. Doable. Totally doable.

But here's the thing. I know we're not done having kids. I might even get pregnant before my next birthday (who knows, right?). So it seems futile to try to lose weight, knowing I'll be pregnant again.

So I guess that's why I'm trying to just break the fat habits. Just trying to be healthy. A friend recommended the book, Intuitive Eating, I think I am going to check out. Sounds interesting. I'll let you know if I read it. Or if anyone out there has read it I'd love to know what you think.

So I guess maybe forget that whole 50lb goal. I just hope by next birthday I'll be in better shape. I'll come up with a more measurable goal later. Something like being able to run a mile without stopping. Or being able to do a pull up. Yeah just one. Trust me it'd be a miracle. I have to think about it. I'll come up with something.

Meanwhile, I'm celebrating the fact that I ate ONE Oreo today. I don't know that I've ever eaten just one oreo in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment