Sunday, October 24, 2010

I need to find a better way to deal with stress

The moment I start to feel the stress level around me rise, I instantly want to put something in my mouth. Tonight was particularly stressful with the kiddo's. Now that the hubs is graciously putting them to bed, all I want to do is stuff my face with the chocolate chip cookies I made today. I realize that this only hinders my goals, and even makes me feel gross since I'm already full. But really I am writing this post to keep myself from mindlessly entering the kitchen and downing 4 cookies before even thinking about it.

I do this all day long. And I get easily stressed out. Part of it is just lack of sleep lately. Another part is my poor coping strategies. I like to avoid things. Food helps me avoid, because food makes me happy. And I can think about delicious gooey chocolateness instead of screaming baby and disobedient toddler.

I think I should start meditating or something. Find my zen. Count to 10. Breathe. I'm sure there are plenty of ways besides eating my way to oblivion.

I also think if I keep my house cleaner, have more of a structured schedule, and always remember my morning prayers I will handle stress better. I'm really bad at these things. Messes automatically elevate my stress. I'm going to at least focus on that more this week. And I'm really thinking I might get a book on meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment