Monday, October 11, 2010

Healthy Challenge

Every time I've tried to lose weight in the past it's been an all or nothing approach. This time I am trying to gradually develop healthy habits. Plus kick my work out into high gear. Which I am happy to say really has already become a habit for me. I wake up at 5am, go to Jazzercise at 5:30 and have my work out done before 7am. I love it. And yeah, that has nothing to do with the rest of this post, but was just for me to brag.

So my challenge to myself, and anyone who wants to join, this week is to be perfect in taking my multi-vitamin. For me it's a product called Reliv, that I absolutely love. When I take it I feel better, have more energy, and it's just a good thing. So why do I struggle taking it? I hate the way it tastes!! But I need to just put on my big girl panties and get over it. I'll let you know how I do.

I have heard that when your body isn't getting the nutrition it needs it keeps sending out hunger signals until that nutritional need is met. I have no idea if that's true or not. It makes sense to me, and that's kind of what I tend to go with.

2 comments:

  1. Did you take prenatal vitamins when you were pregnant? Now THEY taste horrible, but you took them because it was best for your babies, right? My aunt was a smoker for YEARS...she quit cold turkey for both of her pregnancies...but always went back after. Why was she so willing to quit for the well-being of her child but not for her own well being?? Isn't it funny how we do things for others but are reluctant when it comes to doing things for ourselves? You deserve it Lauren so put yourself and whats best for you first, just like you would for Olivia or Abigail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been taking my old prenatals because that's all i've had but i'd like to invest in an unexpired, for my current body type of vitamin. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete