Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dinner Recipe

So I made Shrimp Fried Rice for dinner. When I originally copied the recipe to my desktop I only copied the ingredients... don't know how that happened. So anyway, I bought all the stuff then couldn't find (read: was too lazy to really look) for the original recipe so I winged it. I wasn't a very big fan. But my hubby finished his bowl, Olivia ate a few bites, and Abigail inhaled what Olivia left over.

So here's the ingredients :

1 cup cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
3 ounces precooked shrimp
2 cups bok choy

And here's what I did. Cooked the rice. Then combined sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger and shrimp in a wok. Then I added the bok choy. Then I added the rice. Then I decided it needed more shrimp so I added them. That was a mistake. The bok choy got really mushy while the rest of the shrimp cooked. I also cooked my rice in chicken broth because I thought that would give it a little more flavor. Only problem it was like totally clashing flavors. So yeah don't try that.

This recipe is about 300 cals for a generous serving. There's about 4 g of fiber. Low fat. Next time I'll add an onion, more garlic, maybe a little more soy sauce, use fresh ginger, and not do those things I already mentioned.

Tomorrow's recipe... Lettuce Wraps. I hope they turn out a little better or my husband is going to be praying for this health kick to end. I feel satisfied, and ate way less calories than I normally would.

1 comment:

  1. What's the worst thing that can happen? Your girls will learn good eating habits early?
    Maybe next time cook the rice in part shimp stock and water to keep the flavors from clashing.
    You are still my idol! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete