Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I read an article today about weight loss. It had a lot of things I've heard before but never really let sink in.

One of the things it said was that it's a myth that the muscle owns the fat in front of it. For example, your ab muscles own your belly fat. So by doing crunches you are burning belly fat. Apparently not. Of course crunches and all that do something. You burn calories. But unfortunately we don't get to decide where our bodies will take that fat from.

I've lost 3lbs so far.

And I swear it's all from my boobs! WTH!

So anyway, Jazzercise is really good because you work large muscle groups, and I just really trust that the instructor knows what she's doing. I'm not worrying much about my workouts right now because I really think right now for me, just following the leader is best.

I've pinpointed another bad habit. I pick. I guess I've mentioned this before. But seriously, I am so gross with what I will eat. We went to Chipotle for dinner tonight (I know, big dieter no-no, right? Totally breaks like every rule of my last post. But I tried to stay on the healthy side and I made sure I had enough cals for it..). We brought a bag home with some left overs. That lasted about 30 seconds after we walked in the door. Then I went to throw the bag away, and noticed about 5 little black beans that had fallen out of the burrito. I scarfed em. Along with whatever shreds of lettuce were stuck to them. I do stuff like this ALL THE TIME. It must add up. And I don't ever count it, because how many cals are in 5 flippin' black beans?! But like I said, doing this all day I'm sure adds up. I'll have to work on catching myself. Sometimes I pretend like I'm in a reality show and all of you are watching me. How lame am I? But it helps. I keep joking with Aaron that my people are watching, so I have to be good. He thinks knows that I'm pretty much nuts.

Tomorrow night for dinner I'm making Shrimp Fried Brown Rice. It follows all the rules. I'll post the recipe after I make it and let you know what we think. It contains Bok Choy. Since I'm pretty sure I have no idea what that is, it must be good for you.

3 comments:

  1. Just a tip...because what you are doing, counting calories, eating less, moving more...sounds a lot like Weight Watchers...

    Say you get X points a day. Some WWers set aside, say, 3 or 5 of those points (in your case it would be calories...50 calories is about 1 pt, give or take)...so they set aside those calories for all those little "extras" that add up. The little bits, the things that you technically arent havent a FULL serving of, ie the black beans, etc.

    It kind of gives you a cushion.

    3 lbs is great Lauren! Keep it up...healthy weight less starts out a 3 to 5 lbs at the beginning and then 1/2 lb to a lb. every week after that....slow and steady keeps it off...you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I always lose weight from my boobs first too. I blame those pesky, constricting sports bras. Anyway, you're doing great Lauren, don't be so hard on yourself for those 5 little black beans. Atleast they weren't 5 little chocolate chips! (because that's what I would pick on!) I don't know if I'm ever going to get my eating under control. Sigh. Love the recipes, I just found a great one online, maybe I'll email it to you. TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    I'd love for you to email it to me! Thanks! And I just didn't mention the chocolate chips, because if those were around I'd eat those too. But I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete