Sunday, October 17, 2010

What I ate for my birthday.

So I tried not to have the attitude of "it's my birthday so I'm going to eat anything I want" because that totally sabotages my weight loss efforts. And it makes it seem like I'm depriving myself the rest of the year, when I'm not trying to be like that. Right? But I did give myself more slack today. Like I ate 4 oreos. And a nice sized piece of Chocolate Silk Pie. But for dinner I had the most delicious Cilantro-Lime Shrimp ever. I was going to eat in tortillas like shrimp tacos, but I was out of rice, avocados and black beans. So I just ate it over lettuce. It was heavenly. So good. And filling. At least with the pie. And maybe that nice sized piece was really two. And maybe by two, I mean there's only 1/4 of the pie left... but I had help! Oh I had help. Olivia, Abigail and Aaron all inhaled it. It was delicious.

But overall I don't feel good about my weight loss efforts this past week. I am determined to step it up this week. I am going to stick with the goals I set about 4 weeks ago with a new passion. If I haven't posted them before here's what I've added one week at a time.

1- No eating anything with more than 12 grams of sugar per serving.
2- Drink half your body weight in oz of water. (ie, if you weigh 200lbs drink 100 oz of water. It sounds like a lot, and it is, but it is the KEY! I'm sure of it. At least that's what I hear. I really haven't lost enough weight to start claiming I have the KEY yet.)
3 - No eating after 7:00pm.
4 - Taking a multivitamin/supplement every day.

I am going to be perfect in these 4 things this week. I don't know if we'll add anything new until I get these 4 down. The only one I can almost say I've mastered is not eating after 7. I did better at my Reliv than previous weeks but not twice a day like I promised. I drank SOME water every day, but not close to the oz mark I want to hit every day. And I def did terrible in the sugar department this week. And if you're looking for a number of pounds lost, I'm not going to weigh myself until Oct. 28th. That's a month from the last time I weighed myself, not counting when I went to the doctor and HAD to be weighed. I'm actually looking forward to it, and I'm going to work so hard for that number to be a big one!

and yeah yeah yeah... not about the number... I know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment