Tuesday, May 24, 2011

updates

So I weigh myself every day just to keep myself accountable. I'm still struggling with sweets. I just crave them SO bad. In general really. But extra, extra bad when pregnant. Like seriously get me a milkshake IV and we'll all be happier. I even sent a text to Aaron the other day, "Sometimes the hardest part of my day is NOT buying a chocolate bar at the checkout aisle." So it goes. Anyway, back to weighing myself... my weight fluctuates daily from 217 - 220. Seriously one day it's 217 and then the next 220. Today was 220. I am generally more careful on 220 days :)  Plus I go to the doctor on Friday and my midwife threatened to yell at me if I gain weight already... she's joking but really I'm a little scared.

I have been really, really good at working out. Like Ashley said in her comment, you really have to train for birth. I have been doing some yoga, lots of walking and swimming and a little lifting. I want to work out every day, excluding Sunday, until this baby comes. It helps that I have a good friend who likes to go to the gym with me. I could probably push myself harder than I do most days, but I'm giving myself credit for at least getting to the gym about 5-6 times a week. And let me tell ya getting 2 kids dressed, and loaded up in the car is a workout in itself.

Today we have a birthday party to go to. I will be strong and resist the urge to eat cupcakes. I also found this recipe for cookie dough cupcakes that I must not make. There's like 6 sticks of butter between the frosting and the cupcakes. Must resist buttery goodness....

No comments:

Post a Comment