Saturday, February 26, 2011

Atkins Day 5

Last night I dreamed that I was eating a bagel. A huge New York style bagel. With butter. And a big glass of orange juice. It was a great dream. Then I woke up.

So I feel like I need to explain Atkins a bit. They are always modifying and updating this diet, so Atkins now isn't exactly the Atkins of 10 years ago. I am reading a lot about it and I think this really is the best fit for me.

Right now we are in "Induction". It's the most restrictive part of the diet. You can stay in it as long as you want, or at least two weeks. I was only planning on two weeks, but maybe I'll do it longer since I am seeing good results.

During Induction you eat very little carbs. Like 25 net grams. And those all need to come from vegetables, pretty much. So basically what I've been eating - scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese for breakfast. For lunch a salad with some kind of protein. Either shrimp or chicken. And then dinner is where things have gotten tricky. It's just hard to break the habit of a starch side. So we're eating a lot of veggies and some protein for dinner. Last night we had chicken breasts and salad. And bacon. We've also had steak and steamed broccoli,  corned beef and mashed cauliflower. So it's not just eating a ton of fat. And in a couple weeks we add fruits and whole grains.

I am enjoying it really. Even if I am dreaming about bagels. But I love meat. So it's working for us.

Current weight - 223.0

No comments:

Post a Comment