Wednesday, December 8, 2010

meh.

I really need to get back in the habit of exercising. I picked on a lot of junk today. And then I made these ridiculous doughnuts. And ate three of them. One thing I am going to start being perfect at is taking my reliv. I have been feeling like crapola lately. I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr(bahr?) when I was like 15. Lately I have been feeling like things are getting worse. My joints hurt. I'm tired all. the time. I feel crabby. I don't even want to care about being fat. I just don't feel good. And I haven't been taking my reliv. I hope this doesn't come across as sounding like I'm endorsing or selling something on my blog. I'm not, so who cares? But I know when I take it, I feel better. Like a thousand times better. So I took it tonight. And my single solitary only goal from now to Christmas is to take Reliv twice a day.

I'm hoping that by doing this I'll feel better, and in turn lose weight. We'll see. I am also starting to get a little obsessed with the scale. 223 as of this morning. Time goes so fast when you're trying to lose weight. When I wrote about that last goal to be 200 by Christmas, Christmas seemed so far away. Now it seems so close.

I also think sleeping better would obviously help me feel better. So if anyone out there in the universe knows a way to get my kids to sleep past 5:30, I'm open to suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. I find that weight loss and/or management is a lot like living the Gospel. You have good days and it's awesome and you feel so good about yourself--and sometimes those good days stretch right on out to awesome, solid streaks.

    But you also have bad days where you kinda sit back and watch yourself make one bad choice that leads to another. And you feel stupid but that only makes you want to make another bad choice because hey--you're already in this far, right?

    And unfortunately, sometimes those bad days can also stretch right on out.

    But.

    There is always tomorrow. Always a fresh start. Always an opportunity to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and plug at it again. Accept the consequences of the bad choices (like feeling yucky and having tighter pants and cringing at the number on the scale) and move on.

    And you might have to do that a lot of times in a row before you have a really good day that turns into a good stretch.

    But that's okay, too. We're here for the journey, y'know?

    Tomorrow is a new day--a new day to take it one step at a time.

    And honey--if my girl was getting up at 5:30 every day, I'd have a whole lot more to show for it than just THREE of those very delish-looking doughnuts!!

    PS>> When I realize I'm having a bad eating day (and I realize it very, very early on--like an hour after breakfast), I usually just give up and nosh on my snacks and skip lunch altogether and try my best to have a really small dinner--though I've been known to nosh my way right out of dinner altogether, too. It helps soften the blow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! It is a lot like living the Gospel, huh? A lot of things are, I find. Life is just a cycle like that. And apparently giving my kids a slice of bread at 3:00am helps them sleep until 7:30. Olivia has been eating a huuuge dinner, then still waking up at 5:30 demanding breakfast. Last night she woke up at 3am and Aaron gave her a plain slice of bread, and then we had to wake them at 7:30. Must be growing, I guess. Anyway, thanks for advice! Don't know if you know it, but you are totally an inspiration to me. I think about you and your runs, and your weight loss a lot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete