Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Most boring blog ever

Sorry seriously when I started this blog I imagined losing weight every week. Updating with pictures of my hot new skinny self.

And I've pretty much remained the same weight for the past 60 posts. Up and down a few pounds, but overall the same.

So sorry. I don't know how anyone still reads this.

Sometimes I'm also at a loss because I feel like I'm doing all the right things. I mean sure every once and a while I cheat a bit. But I have never eaten a box of oreos. Or an entire pizza. Or anything crazy like that. Yesterday my big treat was that I had cheddar cheese and whole wheat crackers. About an oz of cheese and 6 crackers. I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch with skim milk every morning for breakfast. I have a salad for lunch. I eat snacks of walnuts or fruit. Maybe dinner is what kills for me? Last night I had a steak and broccoli and brown rice. But I put butter on the rice. And I ate like a cup of it. And I put olive oil and salt on the broccoli. But I used to eat bagels saturated with butter for breakfast. And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cookies for lunch. Shouldn't that change alone be enough to warrant weight loss? Seriously screw all this small changes stuff!!

I exercise. Maybe not as consistently as I should, but always at least twice or three times a week. Going from nothing to something - again doesn't that warrant something??

Anyway I am not going to stop doing these things. And I'm going to focus on exercising every day not just a few times a week.

And working on the YOU on a Diet stuff. There are a lot of rules with it so I'm working on it. I also decided that I don't care how long it takes. I am going to get to my goal. I don't care if it's by the time I'm 30. It's process. Apparently a really long one for me.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing ALL the right things. Maybe you aren't eating enough and your body is hanging on to every pound?! I know how much of a struggle it is to go up and down and in the end, be right back at the beginning. I do know that by eating healthy now, you are teaching your beautiful daughters to eat healthy. Keep up the good and faithful work, I read the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so been there Lauren! Hang in there! I know sometimes it can be frustrating as heck! Your log of food for yesterday sounds amazingly right on! As long as you are eating between 1400-1800 calories depending on your activity level you should be losing weight. Hopefully it will all start dropping off! I am starting up again so we will have to update each other. Good luck! - Allison

    ReplyDelete