Saturday, November 13, 2010

If I'm being honest

I worked out once last week.

I am disappointed in myself because this was an area I was rocking for like 2 solid months.

I'd blame it on the weather, but it's been surprisingly nice out for mid November in Erie.

I have had sick kids. Been sick myself. So I guess I can cut myself a little slack, but not much. I definitely had time, and motivation, but obviously missing something.

I think it's my belief that I eat more when I work out. I feel entitled to a treat. And I actually do feel hungrier. I have been eating much less this week.

Except yesterday. I made tacos. And I ate probably a tablespoon a of beef, to "test" it while I cooked. And then I had to shred the cheese, and a few pieces of that somehow made its way to my mouth. And a wonderful soul from Arizona mailed us a package with chips and salsa from the best place in the world in Arizona. And Aaron and I kind of devoured them. But I did make myself a healthy salad for dinner. I had lettuce, taco meat, guacamole, a small amount of cheese, low fat refried beans. It was so yummy, and I'd guess around 600 calories, since I was kind of heavy on the meat.

Today is beautiful out. I am going to go for a run. Despite my pounding headache. And I didn't go to Jazzercise at all last week. Goal for next week is at least 3.

I have been pretty good at eating my Kashi Go Lean Crunch for breakfast. And then a weight loss shake for lunch. A couple of days I had a salad instead of the shake.

And I still haven't made cookies. I go visiting teaching tomorrow and I'm debating whether or not to bake them for the ladies I visit.

1 comment:

  1. I always eat more when I work out. I've read a lot about it, too. People tend to eat more because 1) they are more hungry after they work out. And 2) people feel they deserve a "treat" for working out. It happens to me all the time.

    When I run in the mornings on the weekends, I'm hungry ALL DAY. It gets really annoying. I know my metabolism is working overtime all day from the morning exercise, which is great, but all I want to do is eat!! I don't know if this works with your schedule, but I notice when I work out at night this doesn't happen. I am a bit hungrier the next day but it's not nearly as noticeable as when I work out in the morning.

    ReplyDelete