Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Batteries!

I put batteries in my scale... and *drum roll*

222.6!

I know it's a different scale... so I probably haven't lost 4 lbs since Monday. But I like it. So now I am going to have "official" weigh-ins. On Fridays. I know I'm a day late. But Friday seems like a good day to weigh in.

I have been doing better. Last night was a ward Thanksgiving party. I did pretty good limiting myself to one half sized slice of pumpkin pie for dessert and just a normal dinner. I have found certain foods make me over eat. I just can't stop myself from eating the entire bag of Oreo's. So I don't have any. Pretty much goes for anything sweet.

It's been kind of boring but pretty much what I've been eating every day:
Kashi Go Lean Crunch for breakfast.
Weight loss shake for lunch
Normal dinner.

Maybe a few little snacks here or there, but it's always fruits and vegetables.

I really want to do a race. I'm starting to enjoy my runs. Although it's seriously getting cold. I don't know what to do about that. There is an indoor track here I'm thinking of going to. But it's kind of far away and $10 a month isn't much, but when living on student loans it's not quite so easy. Especially when I'm already doing the babysitting at Jazzercise. So yeah we'll see about that.

I went to body sculpting this morning. I feel so tired now. I am really wondering if it's worth it to work out. Why is it better to work out than just eat less? This is something I've gone back and forth about it a lot. I have to remind myself I feel better when I work out. That's what it's all about. I enjoy it. Most of the time. But some days when I don't have much energy left it's just hard to get myself going.

But my new goal is to be 200 by Christmas. I have no idea how do-able that is. And if I don't do it, I won't give up. But I want to work towards it. I'd reeeally like to start the new year in a size 12, but I don't think that's very realistic. But I'm going to try.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Laur! Just some advice, like you said you feel better when you work out, so you obviously know loosing weight isnt the only benefit to working out. It is better for your heart and your whole body...so that's why it's better to work out lol...actually the best is to do both...work out and eat less...not starve yourself but do what you've been doing. I think people need to get passed the idea that working out is only good for weight loss tho. That's just an added benefit!!

    Keep up the good work and keep working toward your goal!!

    ReplyDelete