Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Miracles

So I've made weight loss a great matter of prayer lately. Every scripture I've read, I've seemed to be able to apply in some obscure way to to weight loss. And this past Friday it was SO easy. There was zero temptation to break my own rules. I had an almost perfect day. Then Saturday at Super Saturday there was a table full of delicious food. Pumpkiny treats, doughnuts, cookies, etc. I took a banana and was happy about it. The doughnuts didn't even look tempting... AND THEY WERE KRISPY KREMES! (Or however they spell it). I swear doughnuts are such a weakness for me, I once told Aaron I had to literally make a conscious decision every day to NOT have a doughnut. Literally, every time I got in the car, I debated driving to the nearest Basha's and getting myself a doughnut. So for there to be a table of them in front of me, and to not even WANT one. Well, that was huge for me. Sunday was a fast Sunday, so that was that. When I did finally eat I went a little nuts, downing 2 cheese sticks and 2 pieces of whole wheat bread in less than 5 minutes. But at least it wasn't chocolate chip cookies, or something else much less healthy. Today I ate a cheese stick for breakfast, which I regret, because it's obviously not a very balanced meal. Anyway... something's changed. Maybe all this work is changing my attitude, but I consider it nothing short of a miracle. Really. I think Heavenly Father has helped changed my heart towards health.

1 comment: