Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guiltless Alfredo

A disclaimer of sorts: I do not like Alfredo sauce. I never ever order it when we go out to eat. I've had it home made and still didn't really like it. I don't know... it's just not my thing. But I LOVE this recipe. It's on the weekly rotation at our house.


http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/08/guiltless-alfredo-sauce.html
Find the full recipe there. But basically....

Combine in a blender:
2 C low-fat milk 1/3 C (3 oz) low fat cream cheese 2 T flour 1 t salt

In a Skillet. 1 T butter 3 garlic cloves ... saute just a few seconds. Then add milk mixture to skillet. Bring to boil. Simmer about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add 1 C grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Let stand about 10 minutes.

I served this over Smart Taste pasta, with broccoli and shrimp.

Sooo gooooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment